One thing that my herniated disc prevented me from doing was taking care of my body other than what was needed for that injury. I'm now back to the gym 3 days a week. On the bicycle trainer and/or bike park 2 days a week and trying to eat better. I'm not dieting, just trying to slow down how fast I eat and stop eating when I'm full. I've already noticed an improvement there. Once the weather improved I'll be riding even more outside.
My YouTube channel
I started a YouTube channel, Paul.Bike, just over one year ago. I have not been posting nearly as often as I would like. Nor is the quality of the videos nearly as good as I beleive I can do. I'm enjoying the process though. Slowly improving in both metrics. Will continue improving in 2023.
I've gotten back into reading again after a long break. Not much to say here other than listing some of the authors I've really enjoyed over the last few years:
- Martha Wells - The Murderbot Diaries series
- John Scalzi - pretty much everything he's written
- Janet Edwards - read most of her books as well
- Tamsyn Muir - The Locked Tomb series
- Britney Jackson - Creatures of Darkness series
- Casey Matthews - The One Who Eats Monsters
- Becky Chambers - The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet
I've strangrly gotten into the Urban Fantasy genre starting with the Creatures of Darkness series mentioned above. I'm exploring that genre now and finding a lot of good (and also bad) there.
Maybe I'll even write more, starting with this blog. Who knows. Hope your 2023 keeps you moving forward.
Post a Comment